5 Reasons Why Physical Therapy is So Importantadmin
Physical Therapy by definition is therapy for the preservation, enhancement, or restoration of movement and physical function impaired or threatened by disease, injury, or disability that utilizes therapeutic exercise, physical modalities (such as massage and electrotherapy), assistive devices, and patient education and training.
Physical therapists can provide treatment to a wide variety of medical conditions, depending on their specialty.They work to optimize recovery and/or educate a person on how to optimize their movement patterns.
Now that you know a little bit more about Physical Therapy here are 5 reasons why Physical Therapy is so important.
- Reduce pain. It is obvious that no one wants to be in pain. Sometimes where the pain is stemming from is not always obvious
either. Pain can affect your quality of life and take the joy out of things you enjoy. However, Physical Therapy has been proven to be an effective, non-invasive way to address both chronic and acute pain.
- Avoid surgery. When pain is experienced, it is often that surgery is usually thrown into the patients radar. Although surgery cannot always be avoided, physical therapy can be an effective method in avoiding surgery altogether. In the instances that physical therapy cannot prevent surgery, there is evidence that it does improve postoperative outcomes.
- Return to activity after injury. A Physical Therapist will consider both the physical requirements and healing process to get you back to your prior level of function. This will encompass a customized program and plan utilizing scientific based methods to get you back to doing what you love as soon as possible!
- Prevent further injuries. Although Physical Therapy is a great tool following an injury or illness, it is also great to utilize to prevent injuries. Physical Therapist’s can recognize and strengthen weakened areas and will create a therapeutic regimen to target those areas and reduce likelihood of injury.
- Improve balance and prevent falls. Physical therapists can assist in preventing falls with evaluation and development of a custom treatment plan including exercises to improve strength, mobility, and balance. Physical Therapists also provide education to patients and their loved ones teaching simple ways to reduce fall risks at home.
If you or your loved one are in need of home health care services or just curious on what Med1Care Home Health can offer please give us a call at 419.855.0555 or visit www.med1care.org!