8 Reasons to Choose Home Health Careadmin
Home Health Care is a wide range of healthcare services that can be provided in your home for an illness or injury. Home health care is usually less expensive than a traditional skilled facility and is more comforting to the patient. Services that can be provided in home health care include but are not limited to Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapy, Nursing, IV and nutrition therapy, Wound Care, and Patient/caregiver education.
Why Choose Home Health Care?
- Promotes Healing: It is proven that patients rest better in their own homes vs. a hospital or SNF setting. There are less distractions at home and no one coming in at all hours of the night disrupting your sleep. Your body needs rest in order to heal!
- One on One attention: The personal nature of home care allows your loved one to be the primary focus of the caregiver. Their job is to provide a level of attention and care that ensures your loved one is safe and comfortable.
- Comfort: The primary benefit of home care is that your loved one can stay in their environment that they feel comfortable in and familiar with. They can sleep in their own bed, shower in their own bathroom, and continue their activities of daily living with assistance. Being in familiar surroundings is especially important for those with progressive diseases such as Alzheimers and Dementia. There is truly, “No Place Like Home.”
- Pet Companionship: One of the biggest concerns patients have when being admitted into a hospital or SNF is what will happen with their pets? This causes a lot of stress and worry for patients which can slow down healing. When a patient chooses home health care they can be home with their beloved pet and ease loneliness and stress.
- Personalized care: Instead of adjusting your life to fit the hospital schedule, home care adjusts to fit your schedule and your needs. Therapy can adjust their plan of care to best suit your daily activities and optimize your treatment sessions!
- Cost effectiveness: Home care can be much more affordable than nursing homes or hospitals especially if your loved one only needs part-time care! This is because home care can be individualized to meet specific client needs. Home care professionals don’t expect clients to fit into a standard plan of care. As a result, a caregiver can visit as little or as often as your loved one needs.
- Decreased risk of infections: Many risks such as infection are eliminated or minimized when care is given at home. Quality home care by professional caregivers can also prevent issues like frequent falls or hospitalizations.
- Increased independence: Patients at home may continue to be engaged with their typical daily activities as their health permits, allowing individuals to remain in their community. Home care allows individuals the most control over their care and the method in which they receive it.
If you or your loved one are in need of home health care services or just curious on what Med1Care Home Health can offer please give us a call at 419.855.0555 or visit www.med1care.org!