Med1Care Therapy Partner’s physical therapists specialize in the treatment of motor vehicle accident injuries. We offer a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach. We can help you recover from your injuries. Please consider the following:
- “In Lucas County, statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that traffic crashes remain a primary public safety issue. Car, truck, bicycle, pedestrian, and motorcycle accidents are all a common occurrence, despite improvements in vehicle safety features, road design, bicycle and pedestrian corridors, and traffic signs.” – Source: Accident Data Center
- Pain from a car accident isn’t always felt right away. It can vary and depends on the intensity of the accident. By getting a physical therapy assessment after a car accident, injuries that commonly go untreated like concussions, whiplash, and soft tissue damage, can be screened for and caught before they become more serious.
Could I have Whiplash?
- Common symptoms: pain/stiffness within the neck and back, numbness/tingling down arms, headaches felt at the base of the skull where the neck and head meet.
- How’d it happen: neck was suddenly jolted, most commonly at impact.
- Why did it happen: because of the sudden movement, soft tissue injuries to muscles/tendons can occur.
Could I have a Concussion?
- Common symptoms: sensitivity to light/sound, difficulty focusing, headaches, dizziness, can’t sleep
- How’d it happen: the brain gets jostled within the skull as the head moves
- Why did it happen: often happens with Whiplash or when the head is it by an object
Don’t wait until it’s affecting your life
Med1Care Therapy Partners is here to help with any injury after your car accident. Don’t let the pain lead to disability, we are here to help you overcome these issues.
- Reduce muscle spasms
- Reduce stiffness
- Decrease pain
- Increase mobility
Call us at 419.866.0555 to schedule a consultation.
Our specialists will help you chart a course forward.