Med1Care Therapy Partner’s physical therapists specialize in post-surgical rehabilitation to restore movement and functionality after surgery for various medical conditions that impact the spinal cord, nerve and musculoskeletal system. Our treatment options can help you manage pain, understand your medical condition and improve your well-being.
Reasons for Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
Whether your surgery supported giving birth, recovering from breast cancer, receiving a hip replacement or cleaning valves of the heart, physical therapy will support a faster recovery by speeding up the healing process and teaching you how to care for your injury as you return to your daily activities.
Post-surgical rehabilitation is frequently needed for the support of conditions like:
- Stroke and traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury and osteoporosis
- Bladder and bowel dysfunction
- Brain injury
- Neurological disorders like multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease
- Back and neck rehabilitation
- Bowel and bladder rehabilitation
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Hand rehabilitation
- Amputation and prosthetics
- Disabilities of aging
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
The target of rehabilitation is to enhance quality of life with personalized care that promotes independence and helps you feel motivated to take the journey to recovery.
Read more about physical therapy here.
How We Can Help
If you need post-surgical rehabilitation, our experienced physical therapists can help you improve your mobility, decrease your pain and regain your quality of life.
Physical therapy can help you:
- manage pain and decrease swelling
- regain mobility and increase flexibility
- reduce the reliance on opioids for pain management
- improve strength, mobility and balance
- reduce scar tissue formation
- reduce the development of secondary issues like blood clots, contractures and infections
- recover faster
Med1Care Therapy Partner’s experienced therapists are trained in providing personalized rehabilitation. We will partner with your physician to help you build a unique treatment plan to restore your movement and function with specialized exercises and education on low impact ways to manage daily living, relieve pain, improve mobility, prevent disability, strengthen the musculature, and improve balance.
Call us at 419.866.0555 to schedule a consultation. Our specialists will help you chart a course forward.