Med1Care Therapy Partner’s physical therapists provide outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation for a vast array of injuries that impact the musculoskeletal system.
Treatment options include physical therapy rehabilitation, pre- and post-surgical care and pain management. Outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation will help you increase mobility and functionality, prevent future injury, understand your medical condition and improve your quality of life.
Reasons for Outpatient Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Many musculoskeletal injuries begin with a fall, repetitive movement strain, or from lifting, carrying or setting down a heavy object.
Orthopedic rehabilitation supports recovery by speeding up the healing process and teaching you how to care for your injury, so you can return to your daily activities.
The benefits of orthopedic rehabilitation include:
- Maximizing your ability to move without pain, so you can earn a living and live independently.
- Freedom to collaboratively choose treatment options that best support your unique situation and needs.
- Reduced need for opioids, lowering the risk of opioid-dependent depression, addiction and withdrawals.
- Avoidance of expensive, invasive surgeries. Many conditions have the same outcomes with surgery that orthopedic rehabilitation provides, such as meniscal or rotator cuff tears, osteoarthritis of the knee, spinal stenosis and degenerative disk disease.
The target of orthopedic rehabilitation is to enhance your quality of life with personalized care that promotes independence and helps you feel motivated to take the journey to recovery.
Read more about orthopedic rehabilitation here.
How We Can Help
If you need outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation, our experienced physical therapists can help you improve your mobility, decrease your pain and regain your quality of life.
Outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation can help you:
- Manage pain and decrease swelling
- Regain mobility and increase flexibility
- Reduce the reliance on opioids for pain management
- Improve strength, mobility and balance
- Reduce scar tissue formation
- Reduce the development of secondary issues
- Recover faster
- Prevent future injury
Med1Care Therapy Partner’s experienced therapists are trained in providing outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation. We will partner with your physician to help you build a unique treatment plan to restore your movement and function with specialized exercises and education on low impact ways to manage your daily living, relieve pain, improve mobility, prevent disability, strengthen the musculature, and improve balance.
Call us at 419.866.0555 to schedule a consultation. Our specialists will help you chart a course forward.
Physical therapists are professionals who specialize in improving movement, functionality and quality of life. Using many tools to improve their patients’ fitness and function, physical therapists create individual treatment plans that help their patients avoid surgery, reduce dependency on dangerous opioids, understand their care options and prevent future injuries. Learn more about physical therapists.
With pre-surgery diagnosis, orthopedic rehabilitation may increase functionality enough to avoid surgery or indicate whether surgical options may be required to support your quality of life.
If you elect to undergo surgery, post-surgical rehabilitation is highly valuable to support your recovery with improved mobility, the restoration of function and improved strength.
Without pre- and post- surgical rehabilitation, patients typically take far longer to heal and may need multiple surgeries.
Although no pain reliever is completely free of side effects, orthopedic pain can be managed relatively safely with occasional over-the-counter medications, including acetaminophen (such as Tylenol), ibuprofen (such as Advil or Motrin IB) or naproxen sodium (such as Aleve).