Med1Care Therapy Partner’s physical therapists provide a wide range of sports medicine treatments from injury and post-operative rehabilitation to injury prevention and performance enhancement.
Many athletes with recurring injuries, failed surgery and chronic pain need to move beyond simply restoring function to build their capacity and enhance their baseline.
Whether you developed an injury while hitting a baseball or pickleball, slamming into a linebacker or running a 5k, our experts help recreational athletes of all ages and skill levels to get back in action.
Common sports-related conditions
From a pulled muscle to tennis elbow, a wide-range of sports-related injuries come through our door, including:
- AC joint injury
- Achilles tendon rupture
- ACL tear
- Baseball-related shoulder injuries
- Clavicle fracture (broken collarbone)
- Femoroacetabular impingement
- Joint cracking and popping
- Labral tear of the hip
- Labral tear of the shoulder
- Meniscus tear
- Muscle strain (pulled muscle)
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Patellar dislocation
- Patellar tendon rupture
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome (runner’s knee)
- Rotator cuff tear
- Rotator cuff tendinitis or tendonopathy
- Shoulder and elbow problems
- Shoulder bursitis
- Shoulder instability
- Tennis elbow
- Ulnar collateral ligament tear
How We Can Help
Med1Care Therapy Partner’s experienced therapists are trained in Sports Medicine.
Outpatient sports medicine can help you:
- manage pain and decrease swelling
- regain mobility and increase flexibility
- reduce the reliance on opioids for pain management
- improve strength, mobility and balance
- reduce scar tissue formation
- reduce the development of secondary issues
- recover faster
- prevent future injury
Your treatment plan will likely include therapeutic exercises that strengthen and stretch the injured area to improve mobility, decrease pain and get you back in the game. We will partner with your physician to help you build a unique treatment plan that restores your movement and function.