5 Reasons to Become a Home Health Aideadmin
What is a Home Health Aide?
A home health aide is a trained healthcare worker who provides assistance to a patient in home vs. a healthcare facility or nursing home. Home health aides assist with personal care and daily tasks such as bathing and dressing. A home health aide may be with their client (s) for short-term purposes or long-term depending on the illness, injury, or disability. Working in home care not only gives you a meaningful and valuable career, it also allows you to enjoy a flexible schedule and a good work/life balance.
Five reasons to become a Home Health Aide
- You will make a difference in someone’s life everyday. Being a Home Health Aide is a rewarding job because you are caring for someone who truly needs you and you have a purpose. You get to make a difference in every single interaction and change the quality of life for that patient. How amazing is that?
- There are so many job opportunities! Healthcare is in high demand, especially home health care. After the pandemic, less and less patients are opting for skilled nursing facilities and instead looking into home health so they can stay in the comfort of their own home. Home health agencies need you and are willing to work with your schedule.
- It is a great way to ease yourself into healthcare. Are you trying to decide if you want to be in the medical field, but you don’t want to spend the money on tuition just yet? Becoming a home health aide is affordable and gives you great insight on if this is the right field for you.
- Your presence truly matters to your patients. When a patient and their family is in need of care for their loved one, you are the one that will be there for them. Once you get to truly know the patient and what they enjoy doing, they will look forward to your visits because you make a positive impact on their lives.
- Flexibility- Healthcare is 24/7, which means there is always an option for you and what works with your schedule! Do you need nights so your kids can get to and from school? Perfect! We can do that! Prefer days? Awesome, we have shifts for that too! Are you only able to do PRN (as needed) right now? That is okay too! Just let us know, we are always willing to accommodate.
If you or your loved one are in need of home health care services or just curious on what Med1Care Home Health can offer please give us a call at 419.855.0555 or visit www.med1care.org!